Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IPC APEX Expo Recap

by Siemens Dreamer Siemens Dreamer on ‎06-21-2017 10:00 AM

I had the opportunity to attend the IPC APEX Expo in San Diego California, February 14 – 16, 2017.  IPC is a global trade association for printed circuit board (PCB) and electronics manufacturing companies. The APEX Expo is a 5 day event including a technical conference and exhibition.  The theme of the conference was “Technology’s Turning Point”, and the exhibition hall was full of companies showcasing the latest technologies in software, hardware, and manufacturing.  It was readily apparent that many companies are adapting new technologies and tools in their manufacturing processes.

ApexRecap1.jpg

I spent most of my time in the EXPO presenting at the Siemens booth.  Siemens was one of the 450 companies in the exhibit hall and had a booth showcasing software solutions for managing all the aspects of an electronic product’s lifecycle. My colleagues presented on solutions such as data management, factory simulation, and electronics manufacturing.  We had a demonstration robot setup to show the power of our tools for PCB assembly processes.

ApexRecap2.jpg

While in the Siemens booth, I presented the Siemens solution for Product  Performance Intelligence.  As companies become increasingly digitalized, they also increase the breadth and depth of data captured during the product lifecycle.  Electronics companies have rapid innovation and product release cycles to meet market and customer demands.  Acting on intelligence about product performance in the field and driving that into the next product design is critical.  I talked with many companies and schools about their analytics practice and how best they can deliver data-driven decisions into their product lifecycle.  I look forward to attending the IPC APEX 2018 conference and learning how those companies are driving insight and innovation using Product Performance Intelligence.

Download this Infographic belowDownload this Infographic belowCheck out the Product Performance Intelligence infographic that was presented at Apex.  A digital copy is available for download here.

Top Kudoed Posts