Running a successful business requires several key components including innovation, collaboration and cooperation. Chief among the components a business should have in place is a quality management system. Here are 10 top reasons why you should consider investing in a quality management system for your business operations.
1. & 2. Cut Costs & Save Time In business, time is money. Time you invest in setting up quality control processes and policies at the front end saves time in the long run. Employees will know what to do, when to do it and how to do it. With a ISO quality management system in place, the system ensures mistakes are few and far between, which saves you both time and money.
3. Increases Customer Satisfaction With a quality management system in place, customers will receive better services from your business. Your customers will experience the best your business has to offer from beginning to end when all members of your company focus their energy on quality.
4. Reduced Risk By emphasizing standard processes, you limit risk from internal and external sources. Standardization minimizes errors in all aspects of your business and reduces your liability. Management systems also foresee risks and build in processes to address those problems before they arise.
5. Increased Visibility Using quality management systems increases the visibility of your business operations for customers and employees through cross-functional teams and processes. A quality system creates documents, processes, and a system of checks and balances to improve your business operations.
6. Improved Product Quality The overall quality of your products and services will improve through system management as well. When you put an emphasis on quality in your business and solicit employee buy in, production quality control becomes the key focus of your business from product development to delivery and on through to customer satisfaction.
7. Competitive Advantage Businesses who invest in quality controls gain a competitive advantage over companies who do not. Customers value quality in their goods and services and will stick with companies that emphasize and have invested in quality. Savvy customers in these difficult economic times do not want to waste their time on companies who can't deliver on promises.
8. Reduced Response Time When things do go wrong, a quality management system will have best practices in place to address problems immediately as they arise. You won't have to waste time and money figuring out solutions because a quality system will have defined roles of responsibility in place ahead of time when problems arise.
9. Utilizes Best Practices Developing a sense of collaboration and focus on quality will foster an environment where employees can share best practices with each other further ensuring standardization and an emphasis on quality. This establishes a system-wide focus on quality.
10. Grows Your Business When you shift your focus from putting out fires to quality control, you will have more opportunities to grow your business. The organizational capabilities you put into place empower you to focus on other aspects of your business. A quality management system is key to your business success.