Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How do I mark all items as read?

I have a lingering item in the Q&A section showing up as new, but there is no new content that I can find.  How do I mark all items as read so I can get rid of the flag?

This is also going to be important when I don't want to read all the tips-n-tricks or forum posts but I need to recognize new content for my next login.

Solution
Accepted by SusanCinadr (Community Admin)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi Scott!   I believe in the Q&A you can use the drop dow...

Hi Scott!

I believe in the Q&A you can use the drop down menu and select "Mark as Read". If this doesn't work, let me know and I will get one of the platform experts to answer this questions.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Re: Hi Scott!   I believe in the Q&A you can use the drop dow...

[ Edited ]

I had 2 "new" Q&A's. I had to dig around and found that one of them was marked NEW because of a comment left. Because comments don't auto-expand and because Comments (X) doesn't show bold with a new comment, it took me a while to find it.

This option to Mark Question as Read needs to be available several levels higher in this community structure. I want to be able to MARK ALL ITEMS READ. If I could do that, then maybe the 1 lingering NEW message I have that I can't find would go away.

To summarize:
1) Mark as Read needs to be available at all levels within the community.
2) Comments need to appear bold or otherwise identified as new.

3) Comments need to auto-expand under Q&A.
4) I still have a lingering "new" flag that appears to inaccurately represent the content in this community.