Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how to maintain relations in sub assembly and make it not act like a rigid body ?

Hi

I have defined a assembly with its relations and it works fine. when i insert it inside another assembly, it behaves as a rigid body and does not follow the allowed movement (its a cylinder and piston) 

6 REPLIES

This is the wrong forum for questions like this.  This fo...

This is the wrong forum for questions like this.  This forum is for questions about the Siemens PLM Community site itself.  There are forums dedicated to the different software products as well as other subjects and interests.  For example, first off you haven't mentioned whether this is an NX or Solid Edge issue.  There are forums for each so decide which one is the correct one and then repost your question there.  Once that has been done, someone will remove this thread from this forum since to leave it here will only confuse people.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Hi there,   As this post hasn't been identified as relati...

Hi there,

As this post hasn't been identified as relating to an NX or Solid Edge problem, I'm just going to go ahead and offer an [hopefully correct] SE solution....try right mouse button clicking on the "Sub-Assy" you added & want to be movable, then select the "Simplified/Adjustable" > "Adjustable Assembly". [see attached image]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

We shouldn't be trying to provide an answer until this ha...

We shouldn't be trying to provide an answer until this has been reposted in the proper forum.  To provide answers here will just encourage others to post product-specific question here where they don't really belong.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Re: Hi there,   As this post hasn't been identified as relati...

My thinking is John, that it might attract the original poster back and they can comment on the looming software pointing. A double helping of HELP......will it actually hurt?

Then the re-direct can happen...doesn't moving it take the entire thread anyway?

Go ahead and add an NX solution. *bases loaded*
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: Hi there,   As this post hasn't been identified as relati...

Sean, Quick note of thanks for being proactive and providing a solution. I think we might need to add a note or some functionality that automatically makes a user select NX or Solid Edge before posting. I will look into that and see if there is anything we can do from a community standpoint to help with people posting in here by mistake.
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Re: We shouldn't be trying to provide an answer until this ha...

John, I think what Sean did was ok. Nice to see our community members being proactive to help other users. :-) And there are enough Siemen's folks watching this section of the Community that can move the thread once the original poster has informed us of the desired location. Appreciate your help trying to keep the community organized!
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"