Hello! My name is Seth Rigsby. I’m a sophomore Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. I modeled this manual espresso machine for my final design project in my MAE 211 (Intro to Computational Tools) class. I picked this project because I’m a huge fan of coffee, and I would love to open my own café at some point later on in life. I modeled this machine using pictures and exploded part diagrams of manual espresso machines, and I also created my own scale for all of my parts. I modeled the biggest parts first, starting with the base, boiler chamber, gratings, and the group-head. Next, I modeled the moving parts, such as the main handle, portafilter, frother, and pressure knob. I placed the parts in an assembly as I created them, checking to make sure that there were no interferences after creating each part. Once I finished creating the parts, I added three motors to the machine. The first motor moved the main handle up and down, along with all of the group-head internals; the second motor moved the frother up and down; and the third motor moved the knob on the pressure gauge. After finishing the parts, assembly, and motors, I rendered the machine in Keyshot, and presented it in class!BestMainRender (Left).jpgBestMainRender (Right).jpgFull Right Render.jpgFullLeftRender.jpg

It's Coffee Time!

Dreamer

Hello! My name is Seth Rigsby. I’m a sophomore Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. I modeled this manual espresso machine for my final design project in my MAE 211 (Intro to Computational Tools) class. I picked this project because I’m a huge fan of coffee, and I would love to open my own café at some point later on in life. I modeled this machine using pictures and exploded part diagrams of manual espresso machines, and I also created my own scale for all of my parts. I modeled the biggest parts first, starting with the base, boiler chamber, gratings, and the group-head. Next, I modeled the moving parts, such as the main handle, portafilter, frother, and pressure knob. I placed the parts in an assembly as I created them, checking to make sure that there were no interferences after creating each part. Once I finished creating the parts, I added three motors to the machine. The first motor moved the main handle up and down, along with all of the group-head internals; the second motor moved the frother up and down; and the third motor moved the knob on the pressure gauge. After finishing the parts, assembly, and motors, I rendered the machine in Keyshot, and presented it in class!BestMainRender (Left).jpgBestMainRender (Right).jpgFull Right Render.jpgFullLeftRender.jpg