Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Best Practices for Organization use in Multi-site

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate some opinions on something that I've been meaning to take care of for a while...

We have 3 sites each with their own Organization and local users created in those sites. In most cases, the users work in their home site and don't need to login to any of the remote sites. We do have some users that work in all three databases depending on projects they are assigned to. For these users we've created accounts for them at the remote sites (same username/person, etc that exists in their home site). We did this back in TCeng and was suggested to do so by UGS Services at the time. 

I know that there are a number of ways to share organization objects now, and I'm wondering what the best way to manage a global organization is. We are growing and I have about 200 users (vs the 20 or so currently) that will need access to all 3 databases. I would rather not have to manage each of these users individually, even though make_user is simple enough, it is a pain when someone quits and you have to make them Inactive in each site.

Is there a suggested way to manage orgs like this? I'm really interested to hear how others are doing it, I'm sure I could make some adjustments to make this easier on us.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jeff

Who Me Too'd this topic